Table of Contents
This is a highly customizable and very easy to use IAB Pushdown template.
A user opens the webpage and sees the collapsed banner in the placement. On click, the banner expands and pushes web page’s content down. Once expanded, the banner can offer additional video or other rich media experience. The expanded banner accommodates a link to the predefined landing page. The ad maintains this size until mouse off or “Close” button click. The ad expands as many times as the user clicks on the initial stage banner.
The following items are to be delivered by a creative agency:
- Video player needs a MP4/WEBM/OGV format videos (it is recommended to have more than one video file type).
- A poster for the video, if there will be a video wall (the wall will be black before playing the video if no poster will be provided).
- In case the browser is very old and doesn't support HTML5, the backup image (PNG/JPEG) is required (set in additional assets).
- Banner assets containing manifest.json file and HTML file zipped together with images, scripts and other material.
NOTE: manifest.json file and HTML file should be in the root directory of the .zip file.
Customizing the banner
The file “index.html” can be adjusted to customize the banner components.
NOTE: In order to use Adform components for HTML, it is necessary to define global preloadQueue array, where you push all the wanted components to preload before script execution and to load Adform.DHTML.js
These are the values that can be changed:
- "clicktag" - banner's / video player's landing page landing page;
- "target"- banner's landing page target;
- "video" - setting different video parameters;
- "sources" - video files;
- "poster" - video poster.
INFO: Please refer to the Video Player component for more detailed information on component setup and behavior.
- Manifest.json file should define the ad dimensions and the HTML file which is used as a banner source.
- HTML file should include Adform HTML library which enables the banner to receive a clickTAG variable:
- Click on the call to action button to expand, click on “Close” button to collapse.
- “Close” button required on expanded banner.
- Expand direction: down.
- Landing page opens in a new window.
- Available on user initiation only (click). Off by default.
- Audio mute button or volume control required.
- Max. video duration: 30 sec.
- Stop/Pause and Play button controls required.
Compatible components/features for IAB Pushdown Ad(Single File)
- In the Initial Settings step, name your banner, select Category as “IAB Branding” and Format as “IAB Pushdown (Single file)”. Select a Banner Batch from the drop-down menu.
- When it's done, click the Next button.
- In the next step, you are asked to select or upload assets. If you have previously uploaded the assets to the system, click the Select button and choose Banner source, i.e. select HTML File named HTML_IAB Pushdown_(single_file). Make sure that the clickTAG is present.
NOTE: Additional assets should be assigned by default order:
Click the Next button.
Adjust the Settings:
When done, click the Save button in order to see the preview. If everything is fine, click the Submit button.
- Video files ( MP4/WEBM formats) should be assigned as first assets;
- Video poster goes below video files.
In order to deliver HTML5 banners fully compliant with the specs, follow the instructions on Producing HTML5 banners in Adform Test and Support Center: http://creative.adform.com/support
|Desktop browser version
|Internet Explorer 9 (and bellow)
|Internet Explorer 10 & 11
|Firefox (newest version)
|Chrome (newest version)
|Safari (newest version)
|Tablet Operating System
|iOS 8.1 (and above)
||Safari & Chrome
|Android 4.0 (and above)
||Native, Chrome & Firefox
- For technical questions write: firstname.lastname@example.org;
- For traffic questions: email@example.com;
- For format certifications: firstname.lastname@example.org;
- For more details about format production: please contact our local office.