Table of Contents
This is a very easy to use Floating with Video Template.
User opens the page and sees a 980x400 size floating HTML ad. Video starts automatically and auto closes once it's completed. Alternatively, user can close the ad on “Close” button click. The ad accommodates a link to the predefined landing page.
The following items are to be delivered by a creative agency:
- An HTML5 file for Floating Banner.
- Video player needs a MP4/WEBM format video files (it is recommended to have more than one video file type).
- A poster for the video, if there is a video wall (the wall will be black before playing the video if no poster is provided).
- Banner assets containing manifest.json file and HTML file zipped together with images, scripts and other material.
NOTE: manifest.json file and HTML file should be in the root directory of the .zip file.
Customizing the banner
The file “index.html” can be adjusted to customize the banner components.
NOTE: In order to use Adform components for HTML, it is necessary to define global preloadQueue array, where you push all the wanted components to preload before script execution and to load Adform.DHTML.js
These are the values that can be changed:
- "clicktag" - banner's / video player's landing page landing page;
- "target"- banner's landing page target;
- "video" - setting different video parameters;
- "sources" - video files;
- "poster" - video poster. By default, it uses second additional asset assigned through Additional assets panel.
INFO: Please refer to the Video Player component for more detailed information on component setup and behavior.
- Manifest.json file should define the ad dimensions and the HTML file which is used as a banner source.
- HTML file should include Adform HTML library which enables the banner to receive a clickTAG variable:
- Available on user initiation only (click). Off by default.
- Maximum volume level must be reasonable and user friendly.
- Video starts playing automatically.
- Video duration: 30 seconds max. Video closes automatically once it finishes.
- “Close” button is required.
Compatible components/features for Floating Ad
- In the Initial Settings step, name your banner, select Category as “Display” and Format as “Standard”. Select a Banner Batch from the drop-down menu.
- When it's done, click the Next button.
- In the next step, you are asked to select or upload assets. If you have previously uploaded the assets to the system, click the Select button and choose Banner source, i.e. select HTML File named HTML_Floating_with_video. Make sure that the clickTAG is present.
NOTE: Additional assets should be assigned by default order:
Click the Next button.
Adjust the Settings:
When done, click the Save button in order to see the preview. If everything is fine, click the Submit button.
- Video poster goes as first additional asset;
- Video files (MP4/WEBM format) should be assigned below the screenshot and poster assets.
In order to deliver HTML5 banners fully compliant with the specs, follow the instructions on Producing HTML5 banners in Adform Test and Support Center.
|Desktop browser version
|Internet Explorer 8 (and bellow)
||not supported (backup image)
|Internet Explorer 9, 10 & 11
|Firefox (newest version)
|Chrome (newest version)
|Safari (newest version)
- For technical questions write: firstname.lastname@example.org;
- For traffic questions: email@example.com;
- For format certifications: firstname.lastname@example.org;
- For more details about format production: please contact our local office.