Table of Contents
This is a highly customizable and very easy to use Floor Ad template.
User opens the webpage and sees a floor ad at the bottom of the page. The ad maintains on the site until “Close” button is clicked.
The following items are to be delivered by a creative agency:
- Video player needs a MP4/WEBM format (640x360) video files (it is recommended to have more than one video file type).
- A poster (640x360) for the video, if there will be a video wall (the wall will be black before playing the video if no poster will be provided).
- Banner assets containing manifest.json file and HTML file zipped together with images, scripts and other material.
NOTE: manifest.json file and HTML file should be in the root directory of the .zip file.
Customizing the banner
The file “index.html” can be adjusted to customize the banner components.
NOTE: In order to use Adform components for HTML, it is necessary to define global preloadQueue array, where you push all the wanted components to preload before script execution and to load Adform.DHTML.js
These are the values that can be changed:
- "clicktag" - banner's / video player's landing page landing page;
- "target"- banner's landing page target;
- "video" - setting different video parameters;
- "sources" - video files;
- "poster" - video poster. By default, it uses second additional asset assigned through Additional assets panel.
INFO: Please refer to the Video Player component for more detailed information on component setup and behavior.
- Manifest.json file should define the ad dimensions and the HTML file which is used as a banner source.
- HTML file should include Adform HTML library which enables the banner to receive a clickTAG variable:
- Clicking on the Ad user navigates to a landing page URL in a new window.
- Available on user initiation only (click). Off by default.
- Maximum volume level must be reasonable and user friendly.
- Audio mute button required.
- Allowed with user initiation only (click).
- Stop and Play button controls required.
Compatible components/features for Floating Ad
- In the Initial Settings step, name your banner, select Category as “Floating” and Format as “Floating Ad”. Select a Banner Batch from the drop-down menu.
- When it's done, click the Next button.
- In the next step, you are asked to select or upload assets. If you have previously uploaded the assets to the system, click the Select button and choose Banner source, i.e. select HTML File named HTML_Floating_with_video. Make sure that the clickTAG is present.
NOTE: Additional assets should be assigned by default order:
Click the Next button.
Adjust the Settings:
When done, click the Save button in order to see the preview. If everything is fine, click the Submit button.
- Video files (MP4/WEBM format) should be assigned as first additional assets;
- Video poster goes as second additional asset.
In order to deliver HTML5 banners fully compliant with the specs, follow the instructions on Producing HTML5 banners in Adform Test and Support Center: http://creative.adform.com/support
|Desktop browser version
|Internet Explorer 8 (and bellow)
||not supported (backup image)
|Internet Explorer 9
|Internet Explorer 10 & 11
|Firefox (newest version)
|Chrome (newest version)
|Safari (newest version)
|Tablet Operating System
|iOS 8.1 (and above)
||Safari & Chrome
|Android 4.0 (and above)
||Native, Chrome & Firefox
- For technical questions write: email@example.com;
- For traffic questions: firstname.lastname@example.org;
- For format certifications: email@example.com;
- For more details about format production: please contact our local office.