Table of Contents
This is a highly customizable and very easy to use Cascade Expanding template.
A user opens the webpage and sees the initial banner in the placement. The user has two options for interacting with the banner. On expand action button click, the initial panel expands down and reveals another panel below. All in all, three vertically tiled/expanded panels can be displayed. Each panel expands below the previous one. Alternatively, a user can interact with the banner by clicking up and down arrows either on collapsed part or the expanded one. The arrows allow switching between panels. All in all, user can switch between four panels.
The banners can offer additional video or other rich media experience. The banners accommodate a link to the defined landing page. The panels remain expanded until the “Close” button is clicked. The ad expands or panels are switched as many times as the user clicks the call to action buttons.
The following items are to be delivered by a creative agency:
- Video player needs a MP4/WEBM format videos (it is recommended to have more than one video file type).
- A 640x360 poster for the video, if there will be a video wall (the wall will be black before playing the video if no poster will be provided).
- In case the browser is very old and doesn't support HTML5 the backup images (PNG/JPEG) is required (set in additional assets).
- Banner assets containing manifest.json file and HTML file zipped together with images, scripts and other material.
NOTE: manifest.json file and HTML file should be in the root directory of the .zip file.
Customizing the banner
The file “index.html” can be adjusted to customize the banner components.
NOTE: In order to use Adform components for HTML, it is necessary to define global preloadQueue array, where you push all the wanted components to preload before script execution and to load Adform.DHTML.js
These are the values that can be changed:
- "elementId" - element id in which PanelsSlide will be drawn;
- "direction" - slide move direction;
- "prevButtonId" - (Optional) element which will be assigned for going to previous slide;
- "nextButtonId" - (Optional) element which will be assigned for going to next slide;
- "xpandButtonId"- id of element which will be assigned for expanding (optional);
- "closeButtonId" - id of element which will be assigned for collapsing (optional).
INFO: Please refer to the Video Player component for more detailed information on component setup and behavior.
- Manifest.json file should define the ad dimensions and the HTML file which is used as a banner source.
- HTML file should include Adform HTML library which enables the banner to receive a clickTAG variable:
- “Call to action” and “Close” buttons required.
- Clicking on the ad navigates to a landing page URL in a new window.
- Available on user click only. Off by default.
- Audio mute button or volume control required.
- User-initiated video.
- Stop/Pause and Play button controls required.
- In the Initial Settings step, name your banner, select Category as “Expandable” and Format as “Cascade”. Select a Banner Batch from the drop-down menu.
- When it's done, click the Next button.
- In the next step, you are asked to select or upload assets. If you have previously uploaded the assets to the system, click the Select button and choose Banner source, i.e. select HTML File named HTML_Cascade. Make sure that the clickTAG is present.
NOTE: Additional assets should be assigned by default order:
Click the Next button and adjust the Settings:
When done, click the Save button in order to see the preview. If everything is fine, click the Submit button.
- Video files ( MP4/WEBM formats) should be assigned below poster assets;
- Video poster goes as a first additional asset;
- Backup image should be assigned as Backup Image via Banner Settings panel.
This format requires additional JS added to the tag:
In order to deliver HTML5 banners fully compliant with the specs, follow the instructions on Producing HTML5 banners in Adform Test and Support Center: http://creative.adform.com/support/
|Desktop browser version
|Internet Explorer 8 (and bellow)
||not supported (backup image)
|Internet Explorer 9
|Internet Explorer 10 & 11
|Firefox (newest version)
|Chrome (newest version)
|Safari (newest version)
- For technical questions write: firstname.lastname@example.org;
- For traffic questions: email@example.com;
- For format certifications: firstname.lastname@example.org;
- For more details about format production: please contact our local office.