Table of Contents
This is a highly customizable and very easy to use Expandable Single File template.
User opens the webpage and sees the collapsed initial banner in the placement. On click, the initial area of the banner expands. Once expanded, the banner can offer additional video or other rich media experience. The expanded banner accommodates a link to the predefined landing page. The ad maintains this size until “Close” button click. The ad expands as many times as the user clicks on the banner.
The banner auto-expands once a week per user.
The following items are to be delivered by a creative agency:
- Video player needs a MP4/WEBM format video files (it is recommended to have more than one video file type).
- A poster for the video, if there will be a video wall (the wall will be black before playing the video if no poster will be provided).
- In case the browser is very old and doesn't support HTML5, the backup image (PNG/JPEG) is required.
- Banner assets containing manifest.json file and HTML file zipped together with images, scripts and other material.
- manifest.json file and HTML file should be in the root directory of the .zip file.
- In order to use Adform components for HTML, it is necessary to define global preloadQueue array, where you push all the wanted components to preload before script execution and to load Adform.DHTML.js
INFO: Please refer to the Video Player component for more detailed information on component setup and behavior.
- Manifest.json file should define the ad dimensions and the HTML file which is used as a banner source.
- HTML file should include Adform HTML library which enables the banner to receive a clickTAG variable:
- Available on user initiation only (click). Off by default.
- Maximum volume level must be reasonable and user friendly.
- “Volume Control / Mute" button is required.
- Starts automatically once the expanded banner is displayed.
- Video duration: 30 seconds max. Replay allowed with user initiation.
- “Close”, "Pause" buttons are required.
- In the Initial Settings step, name your banner, select Category as “Expandable” and Format as “Expandable (single file)”. Select a Banner Batch from the drop-down menu.
- When it's done, click the Next button.
- In the next step, you are asked to select or upload assets. If you have previously uploaded the assets to the system, click the Select button and choose Banner source, i.e. select HTML File named HTML_Expandable. Make sure that the clickTAG is present.
NOTE: Additional assets should be assigned by default order:
Click the Next button and adjust the Settings:
When done, click the Save button in order to see the preview. If everything is fine, click the Submit button.
- Video files ( MP4/WEBM formats) should be assigned as first additional assets;
- Video poster goes below video files.
How to set up once a week auto-expansion
Set a banner to auto-expand once per campaign in banner settings.
Make a copy of this banner for each week it will be served in a campaign. E.g. if the campaign lasts 4 weeks, then there should be 4 copies.
Create a Sequential Rotator
Add all the copies to Member section of the Rotator.
Go to Targeting tab and set the first banner copy to be shown for only the first week of the whole campaign. Then set the second copy to be shown on the second week. Continue until all the weeks of the campaign are covered.
Click Save and then Publish.
In order to deliver HTML5 banners fully compliant with the specs, follow the instructions on Producing HTML5 banners in Adform Test and Support Center: http://creative.adform.com/support
|Desktop browser version
|Internet Explorer 8 (and bellow)
||not supported (backup image)
|Internet Explorer 9, 10 & 11
|Firefox (newest version)
|Chrome (newest version)
|Safari (newest version)
|Tablet Operating System
|iOS 8.1 (and above)
||Safari & Chrome
|Android 4.0 (and above)
||Native, Chrome & Firefox