Video Skin Marquee
Table of Contents
This is a highly customizable and very easy to use animated Video Skin template for Desktop non responsive sites.
A user opens the webpage and sees a video skin background. On tab click, the initial area of the top banner expands to cover the page content. The banner offers additional rich media experience.The user can choose to play from up to 3 videos. The banner accommodates a link to the predefined landing page. The ad maintains this size until the user clicks the Close button.
The following items are to be delivered by a creative agency:
- An HTML asset for 1200 (w) x 800 (h) video skin background banner.
- Video player needs a 640 (w) x360 (h) MP4/WEBM format videos. Up to 5 video files.
- A 1052 (w) x 1060 (h) screenshot of the website.
- A 640 (w) x 360 (h) poster for video, if there will be a video wall (the wall will be black before playing the video if no poster will be provided).
- In case that browser is very old and doesn't support HTML5 the backup image (PNG/JPEG) is required (set in additional assets).
- Banner assets containing manifest.json file and HTML file zipped together with images, scripts and other material.
NOTE: manifest.json file and HTML file should be in the root directory of the .zip file.
Customizing the banner
The file “index.html” can be adjusted to customize the banner components.
NOTE: In order to use Adform components for HTML, it is necessary to define global preloadQueue array, where you push all the wanted components to preload before script execution and to load Adform.DHTML.js
These are the values that can be changed:
- screenshot - screenshot url. By default, it uses first additional asset assigned through - - - - - Additional assets panel;
- alignX - horizontal screenshot alignment (left/center/right);
- alignY - vertical screenshot alignment (top/center/bottom);
- offsetX - horizontal screenshot offset in pixels;
- offsetY - vertical screenshot offset in pixels;
- stopY - Screenshot position from the top in expanded state;
- height - height of the banner (auto, 100%);
- tabs - tabs settings;
- videoSources - video files;
- poster - video poster. By default, it uses second additional asset assigned through Additional assets panel;
- button - tab button;
- clicktag - video player's landing page;
- target - clicktag's target.
INFO: Please refer to the Video Player component for more detailed information on component setup and behavior.
- Manifest.json file should define the ad dimensions and the HTML file which is used as a banner source.
- HTML file should include Adform HTML library which enables the banner to receive a clickTAG variable:
- Video skin 1280 (w) x 800 (h) banner includes both the collapsed and expanded stages.
- Landing page URL opens in a new window.
- Available on user initiation only (click). Off by default.
- Maximum volume level must be reasonable and user friendly.
- Audio mute button or volume control required.
- Video duration: 30 seconds max. Replay allowed with user initiation.
- Stop and Play buttons is required.
Compatible components/features for Video Skin Marquee
||Template in STUDIO
||Any HTML content animation
- First, in the *Initial Settings* step, name your banner "VideoSkinMarque", select Category as “Takeover” and Format as “Video Skin Marque”. Select a Banner Batch from the drop-down menu.
- When it's done, click the Next button.
- In the next step, you are asked to select or upload assets. If you have previously uploaded the assets to the system, click the Select button and choose Banner source, i.e. select HTML File named HTML_Video_skin_Marque. Make sure that the clickTAG is present.
NOTE: Additional assets should be assigned by default order:
Click the Next button.
Adjust the Generall Settings:
- Site screenshot should be assigned as a first additional asset;
- Video poster goes as second additional asset;
- Video files (MP4/WEBM format) should be assigned below the screenshot and poster assets.
- Set the position as “center/top”;
- Set the Show after to “0”;
- Set the Close after to “0”;
- Untick the Page overlay checkbox;
- Untick the Is the position fixed checkbox;
- Set the Custom X position (px) as “0” and the Custom Y position (px) as “0”;
- Untick the Facebook Like Button checkbox;
When done, click the Save button in order to see the preview. If everything is fine, click the Submit button.
In order to deliver HTML5 banners fully compliant with the specs, follow the instructions on Producing HTML5 banners in Adform Test and Support Center: http://test.adform.com/testpage/banner-specifications/
SCRIPTS URLS field, then check the box “Load before banner”.
CUSTOM SCRIPT URL:
|Internet Explorer 8 (and bellow)
|Internet Explorer 9
|Internet Explorer 10 & 11
|Firefox (newest version)
|Chrome (newest version)
|Safari (newest version)
- For technical questions write: email@example.com;
- For traffic questions: firstname.lastname@example.org;
- For format certifications: email@example.com;
- For more details about format production: please contact our local office.