Video Skin Marquee
Table of Contents
This is a highly customizable and very easy to use animated Video Skin template for Desktop non responsive sites.
A user opens the webpage and sees a video skin background. On click, the initial area of the top banner expands to cover the page content. The banner offers additional rich media experience.The user can choose to play from up to 3 videos. The banner accommodates a link to the predefined landing page. The ad maintains this size until the user clicks the Close button.
The following items are to be delivered by a creative agency:
- You need one 1320x900 PNG/JPEG image for screenshot.
- Video player needs a MP4/WEBM format videos 640x360 for each tab.
- A poster 640x360 for the video, if there will be a video wall (the wall will be black before playing the video if no poster will be provided).
- Banner assets containing manifest.json file and HTML file zipped together with images, scripts and other material.
NOTE: manifest.json file and HTML file should be in the root directory of the .zip file.
Customizing the banner
The file “index.html” can be adjusted to customize the banner components.
NOTE: In order to use Adform components for HTML, it is necessary to define global preloadQueue array, where you push all the wanted components to preload before script execution and to load Adform.DHTML.js
These are the values that can be changed:
- screenshot - screenshot url. By default, it uses first additional asset assigned through - - - - - Additional assets panel;
- alignX - horizontal screenshot alignment (left/center/right);
- alignY - vertical screenshot alignment (top/center/bottom);
- offsetX - horizontal screenshot offset in pixels;
- offsetY - vertical screenshot offset in pixels;
- stopY - Screenshot position from the top in expanded state;
- height - height of the banner (auto, 100%);
- tabs - tabs settings;
- videoSources - video files
- poster - video poster. By default, it uses second additional asset assigned through Additional assets panel.
- button - tab button
- clicktag - video player's landing page
- target - clicktag's target
INFO: Please refer to the Video Player component for more detailed information on component setup and behavior.
- Manifest.json file should define the ad dimensions and the HTML file which is used as a banner source.
- HTML file should include Adform HTML library which enables the banner to receive a clickTAG variable:
- Available on user initiation only (click). Off by default.
- Maximum volume level must be reasonable and user friendly.
- "Volume control" button is required.
- Video duration: 30 seconds max. Replay allowed with user initiation.
- “Close”, "Pay" and "Pause" buttons is required.
Compatible components/features for Video Skin Marquee
||Template in STUDIO
||Any HTML content animation
- First, in the *Initial Settings* step, name your banner "VideoSkinMarque", select Category as “Takeover” and Format as “Video Skin Marque”. Select a Banner Batch from the drop-down menu.
- When it's done, click the Next button.
- In the next step, you are asked to select or upload assets. If you have previously uploaded the assets to the system, click the Select button and choose Banner source, i.e. select HTML File named HTML_Video_skin_Marque. Make sure that the clickTAG is present.
NOTE: Additional assets should be assigned by default order:
Click the Next button.
Adjust the Generall Settings:
When done, click the Save button in order to see the preview. If everything is fine, click the Submit button.
- Site screenshot should be assigned as a first additional asset;
- Video poster goes as second additional asset;
- Video files (MP4/WEBM format) should be assigned below the screenshot and poster assets.
In order to deliver HTML5 banners fully compliant with the specs, follow the instructions on Producing HTML5 banners in Adform Test and Support Center: http://test.adform.com/testpage/banner-specifications/
Custom Script URL:
|Desktop browser version
|Internet Explorer 9 (and bellow)
|Internet Explorer 10 & 11
|Firefox (newest version)
|Chrome (newest version)
|Safari (newest version)
- For technical questions write : firstname.lastname@example.org;
- For traffic questions: email@example.com;
- For format certifications: firstname.lastname@example.org;
- For more details about format production: please conatact our local office.