Table of Contents
This is a very easy to use Synchronized Takeover template.
A user opens the webpage and sees the collapsed 300x250 banner in the placement with a call to action area. On roll-over a loading timer appears. After 3 seconds or on click, the 760x600 floating stage appears. The 760x600 stage can offer additional flash, video or other rich media experience. It accommodates a link to the predefined landing page. The ad can be closed
anytime by clicking the “Close” button. The floating stage appears as many times as the user clicks or rolls over the 300x250 banner.
The following items are to be delivered by a creative agency:
- Video player needs a 300x200 MP4/WEBM format videos (it is recommended to have more than one video file type).
- A poster 640x360 for the video, if there will be a video wall (the wall will be black before playing the video if no poster will be provided).
- In case the browser is very old and doesn't support HTML5, the backup image 300x250 (PNG/JPEG) is required (set in additional assets).
- Banner assets containing manifest.json file and HTML file zipped together with images, scripts and other material.
NOTE: manifest.json file and HTML file should be in the root directory of the .zip file.
Customizing the banner
The file “index.html” can be adjusted to customize the banner components.
NOTE: In order to use Adform components for HTML, it is necessary to define global preloadQueue array, where you push all the wanted components to preload before script execution and to load Adform.DHTML.js
INFO: Please refer to the Video Player component for more detailed information on component setup and behavior.
- Manifest.json file should define the ad dimensions and the HTML file which is used as a banner source.
- HTML file should include Adform HTML library which enables the banner to receive a clickTAG variable:
- Clicking on the expanded part navigates to a landing page URL in a new tab.
- Mute or Volume Control button required.
- Maximum volume levels must be reasonable and user friendly.
- Stop, Play and Full-screen button are required.
Creating Rich Media Banner
In order to create a Rich Media ad, navigate to the Banners page, then click the Create button and select Rich Media Ad option from the drop-down menu.
Creating Initial stage Banner
- In the Initial Settings step, name your banner, select Category as “Dsiplay” and Format as “Standard”. Select a Banner Batch from the drop-down menu.
- When it's done, click the Next button.
- In the next step, you are asked to select or upload assets. If you have previously uploaded the assets to the system, click the Select button and choose Banner source, i.e. select HTML File named HTML_Standard. Make sure that the clickTAG is present.
- Click the Next button.
- Adjust the Settings:
Creating Floating Banner
- In the Initial Settings step, name your banner, select Category as “Floating” and Format as “Floating Ad”. Select a Banner Batch from the drop-down menu.
- When it's done, click the Next button.
- In the next step, you are asked to select or upload assets. If you have previously uploaded the assets to the system, click the Select button and choose Banner source, i.e. select HTML File named HTML_Floating_with_video. Make sure that the clickTAG is present.
NOTE: Additional assets should be assigned by default order:
Click the Next button.
Adjust the Settings:
When done, click the Save button in order to see the preview. If everything is fine, click the Submit button.
- Video files (MP4/WEBM format) should be assigned as first additional assets;
- Video poster goes as second additional asset.
Creating Synchronized Banner
- Finally, create a Synchronized Ad which will be the Synchronized Takeover Ad. When in the Banners page (1), click the Create button and select the Synchronized Ad option from the drop-down menu (2).
- When a new page opens, you have to select previously created Standard and Floating banners.
Do not forget to name the banner by adding the Description.
- When done, click the Save button in order to see the preview. If everything is fine, click the Submit button.
In order to deliver HTML5 banners fully compliant with the specs, follow the instructions on Producing HTML5 banners in Adform Test and Support Center: http://creative.adform.com/support:
|Desktop Browser Version
|Internet Explorer 8 (and bellow)
|Internet Explorer 9
|Internet Explorer 10 & 11
|Firefox (newest version)
|Chrome (newest version)
|Safari (newest version)