Table of Contents
This is a highly customizable and very easy to use animated Double Open Door template for Desktop non responsive sites.
The format consists of an initial 1000x200 stage and a floating 1680x800 stage. On the initial visit, the 1000x200 stage is displayed. On rollover after countdown, a floating stage with door experience appears and displays an active screenshot of initial website in the left side of the screen, screenshot of a landing page in the right side and a video stage in the middle.
The following items are to be delivered by a creative agency:
- An asset for initial stage banner that could be a 1000x200 image or HTML5 file. The banner can be adjusted to your custom size - just change the width and height of the banner.
- Video player needs a MP4/WEBM format videos.
- A poster for the video, if there will be a video wall (the wall will be black before
playing the video if no poster will be provided).
- Screenshot for floating stage (PNG/JPEG).
- In case that browser is very old and doesn't support HTML5 the backup image (PNG/JPEG) is required (set in additional assets).
- Banner asset containing manifest.json file and HTML file zipped together with images, scripts and other material.
NOTE: manifest.json file and HTML file should be in the root directory of the .zip file.
Customizing the banner
The file “index.html” can be adjusted to customize the banner components.
NOTE: In order to use Adform components for HTML, it is necessary to define global preloadQueue array, where you push all the wanted components to preload before script execution and to load Adform.DHTML.js
INFO: Please refer to the Video Player component for more detailed information on component setup and behavior.
- Manifest.json file should define the ad dimensions and the HTML file which is used as a banner source.
- HTML file should include Adform HTML library which enables the banner to receive a clickTAG variable:
- Available on user initiation only (click). Off by default.
- Maximum volume level must be reasonable and user friendly.
- “Volume control” button is required.
- Available on user initiation only.
- Video duration: 30 seconds max. Replay allowed with user initiation.
- “Close”, “Play”, “Next” and “Full screen” buttons is required.
- In the *Initial Settings* step, name your banner, select Category as “Takeover” and Format as “Double Open Door”. Select a Banner Batch from the drop-down menu.
- When it's done, click the Next button.
- In the next step, you are asked to select or upload assets. If you have previously uploaded the assets to the system, click the Select button and choose Banner source, i.e. select HTML File named HTML_Double_open_door_1000x200. Make sure that the clickTAG is present.
NOTE: Additional assets should be assigned by default order:
Click the Next button.
Adjust the Settings:
When done, click the Save button in order to see the preview. If everything is fine, click the Submit button.
- Site screenshot should be assigned as a first additional asset;
- Video poster goes as second additional asset;
- Video files (MP4/WEBM format) should be assigned below the screenshot and poster assets.
In order to deliver HTML5 banners fully compliant with the specs, follow the instructions on Producing HTML5 banners in Adform Test and Support Center:
For any questions please contact [email protected]