Table of Contents
This is a highly customisable and very easy to use IAB Pushdown 996x90 > 996x415 with Skin template.
The format consists of a 996x90 collapsed stage, a 996x415 expanded stage and wallpaper. On the initial visit (per campaign), the banner auto-expands to 996x415 and pushes the webpage's content down. On "Close" button click, the ad retracts to its initial dimensions. The expanded stage can be called out as many times as the user clicks the initial banner.
The following items are to be delivered by a creative agency:
- An HTML5 file for collapsed 996x90 stage banner.
- An 1680x1200 Image for the background Image.
- Video player needs a MP4/WEBM 300x200 format videos (it is recommended to have more than one video file type).
- A 640x360 poster for the video, if there is a video wall (the wall will be black before playing the video if no poster is provided).
- In case the browser is very old and doesn't support HTML5, the backup image (PNG/JPEG) is required (set in additional assets).
- Banner assets containing manifest.json file and HTML file zipped together with images, scripts and other material.
NOTE: manifest.json file and HTML file should be in the root directory of the .zip file.
Customizing the banner
The file “index.html” can be adjusted to customize the banner components.
NOTE: In order to use Adform components for HTML, it is necessary to define global preloadQueue array, where you push all the wanted components to preload before script execution and to load Adform.DHTML.js
These are the values that can be changed:
"dimensions" - of the collapsed and expanded stage banners.
"clicktag" - banner's / video player's landing page landing page;
"target"- banner's landing page target;
"video" - setting different video parameters;
"sources" - video files;
"poster" - video poster. By default, it uses second additional asset assigned through Additional assets panel.
INFO: Please refer to the Video Player component for more detailed information on component setup and behavior.
- Manifest.json file should define the ad dimensions and the HTML file which is used as a banner source.
- HTML file should include Adform HTML library which enables the banner to receive a clickTAG variable:
- Clicking on the expanded part and wallpaper user navigates to a landing page URL in a new window.
- Panel Expansion Direction: Pushdown.
- Close-button location: bottom-left.
- Available on user initiation only (click). Off by default.
- Audio mute button or volume control required.
- Starts automatically.
- Video duration: 30 seconds max. Replay allowed with user initiation.
- Stop and Play button controls are required.
Creating Rich Media Banner
In order to create a Rich Media ad, navigate to the Banners page, then click the Create button and select Rich Media Ad option from the drop-down menu.
Creating IAB Pushdown Banner
- First, create the IAB Pushdown banner in Rich media section. In the Initial Settings step, name your banner, select Category as “IAB Branding” and Format as “IAB Pushdown (Single file)”. Select a Banner Batch from the drop-down menu.
- When it's done, click the Next button.
- In the next step, you are asked to select or upload assets. If you have previously uploaded the assets to the system, click the Select button and choose Banner source, i.e. select HTML File named HTML_IAB Pushdown_(single_file). Make sure that the clickTAG is present.
NOTE: Additional assets should be assigned by default order:
Click the Next button.
Adjust the Settings:
When done, click the Save button in order to see the preview. If everything is fine, click the Submit button.
- Video files ( MP4/WEBM formats) should be assigned as first assets;
- Video poster goes below video files.
Creating Synchronized Banner
- Finally, create a Synchronized Ad which will be the Synchronized Takeover Ad. When in the Banners page (1), click the Create button and select the Synchronized Ad option from the drop-down menu (2).
- When a new page opens, you have to select previously created Standard Leaderboard (980x400) banner.
Do not forget to name the banner by adding the Description.
- Secondly, you have to select the Wallpapper for the Synchronized banner.
- When done, click the Save button in order to see the preview. If everything is fine, click the Submit button.
In order to deliver HTML5 banners fully compliant with the specs, follow the instructions on Producing HTML5 banners in Adform Test and Support Center.
Custom Script URL:
The Format is supported on:
|Desktop browser version
|Internet Explorer 10 & 11
|Firefox (newest version)
|Chrome (newest version)
|Safari (newest version)