Table of Contents
This is a highly customisable and very easy to use Synchronized Takeover template.
This format consists of one or more connected banners, which are synchronized. User opens the page and sees a 840x150 ad on the top of the page. When a user moves the mouse over, it expands to 840x400 ad and displays a video. When a user moves the mouse out of the expanded banner, the ad collapses to the initial stage.
The following items are to be delivered by a creative agency:
- A Wallpaper for Synchronized Takeover banner.
- Video player needs a MP4/WEBM format videos (it is recommended to have more than one video file type).
- A poster for the video, if there will be a video wall (the wall will be black before playing the video if no poster will be provided).
- In case the browser is very old and doesn't support HTML5, the backup image (PNG/JPEG) is required (set in additional assets).
- Banner assets containing manifest.json file and HTML file zipped together with images, scripts and other material.
NOTE: manifest.json file and HTML file should be in the root directory of the .zip file.
Customizing the banner
The file “index.html” can be adjusted to customize the banner components.
NOTE: In order to use Adform components for HTML, it is necessary to define global preloadQueue array, where you push all the wanted components to preload before script execution and to load Adform.DHTML.js
These are the values that can be changed:
- "dimensions" - of the collapsed and expanded stage banners.
- "clicktag" - banner's / video player's landing page landing page;
- "target"- banner's landing page target;
- "video" - setting different video parameters;
- "sources" - video files;
- "poster" - video poster.
INFO: Please refer to the Video Player component for more detailed information on component setup and behavior.
- Manifest.json file should define the ad dimensions and the HTML file which is used as a banner source.
- HTML file should include Adform HTML library which enables the banner to receive a clickTAG variable:
- Landing page opens in a new window.
- Available on user initiation only (roll over or click). Off by default.
- audio "Mute" button is required.
- Video starts playing automatically.
- Max. video duration: 30 sec. Replay is available by user initiation.
- "Stop"/"Pause" and "Play" button controls are required.
Creating Rich Media Banner
In order to create a Rich Media ad, navigate to the Banners page, then click the Create button and select Rich Media Ad option from the drop-down menu.
Creating Initial stage Banner
- First, create the Initial stage banner, e.g. IAB Pushdown, in Rich media section. In the Initial Settings step, name your banner, select Category as “IAB Branding” and Format as “IAB Pushdown (Single file)”. Select a Banner Batch from the drop-down menu.
- When it's done, click the Next button.
- In the next step, you are asked to select or upload assets. If you have previously uploaded the assets to the system, click the Select button and choose Banner source, i.e. select HTML File named HTML_IAB Pushdown_(single_file). Make sure that the clickTAG is present.
NOTE: Additional assets should be assigned by default order:
Click the Next button.
Adjust the Settings:
When done, click the Save button in order to see the preview. If everything is fine, click the Submit button.
- Video files ( MP4/WEBM formats) should be assigned as first assets;
- Video poster goes below video files.
Creating Synchronized Banner
- Finally, create a Synchronized Ad which will be the Synchronized Takeover Ad. When in the Banners page (1), click the Create button and select the Synchronized Ad option from the drop-down menu (2).
- When a new page opens, you have to select previously created IAB Pushdown banner.
Do not forget to name the banner by adding the Description.
- Secondly, you have to select the Wallpapper for the Synchronized banner.
- When done, click the Save button in order to see the preview. If everything is fine, click the Submit button.
In order to deliver HTML5 banners fully compliant with the specs, follow the instructions on Producing HTML5 banners in Adform Test and Support Center:
|Desktop browser version
|Internet Explorer 10 & 11
|Firefox (newest version)
|Chrome (newest version)
|Safari (newest version)