Table of Contents
This is a highly customizable and very easy to use animated IAB Filmstrip Template for Desktop and mobile non responsive sites.
The format consists of an initial stage with up to five alternating panels. On initial visit, the first interactive panel is loaded. The user can interact with the panel as with any standard banner and move between the panels by clicking on the predefined top and bottom areas. Panels can accommodate video player or any other rich media experience. By clicking on any of the panels, user is redirected to the predefined landing page.
The following items are to be delivered by a creative agency:
- Video player needs a MP4/WEBM format videos.
- (Optional) A poster for the video, if there will be a video wall (the wall will be black before playing the video if no poster will be provided).
- In case the browser is very old and doesn't support HTML5, the backup image (PNG/JPEG) is required.
- Banner assets containing manifest.json file and HTML file zipped together with images, scripts and other material.
NOTE: manifest.json file and HTML file should be in the root directory of the .zip file.
- PanelsSlide component. To add or remove slides from PanelsSlide only HTML part needs to be modified.
- Banner can have multiple PanelsSlide component instances. Slide itself can have another PanelsSlide component.
- PanelsSlide element's width and height setttings:
- elementId - element id in which PanelsSlide will be drawn.
- direction - slide move direction.
- prevButtonId - (Optional) element which will be assigned for going to previous slide.
- nextButtonId - (Optional) element which will be assigned for going to next slide.
NOTE: In order to use Adform components for HTML, it is necessary to define global preloadQueue array, where you push all the wanted components to preload before script execution and to load Adform.DHTML.js
INFO: Please refer to the Video Player component for more detailed information on component setup and behavior.
- Manifest.json file should define the ad dimensions and the HTML file which is used as a banner source.
- HTML file should include Adform HTML library which enables the banner to receive a clickTAG variable:
- Available on user initiation only (click). Off by default.
- Maximum volume level must be reasonable and user friendly.
- “Volume Control” or "Mute" buttons are required.
- Available on user initiation only.
- Video duration: 30 seconds max. Replay allowed with user initiation.
- "Full-screen", "Play" and "Pause" buttons are required.
Compatible components/features for IAB Filmstrip
- In the Initial Settings step, name your banner, select Category as “IAB Branding” and Format as “IAB Filmstrip”. Select Banner Batch from the drop-down menu.
- When it's done, click the Next button.
- In the next step, you are asked to select or upload assets. If you have previously uploaded the assets to the system, click the Select button and choose Banner source, i.e. select HTML File named HTML_IAB_Filmstrip. Make sure that the clickTAG is present.
NOTE: Additional assets should be assigned by default order:
When it's done, click the Next button to enter General settings.
Then click the Save button in order to see the preview. If everything is fine, click the Submit button.
- Video files (MP4/WEBM format) should be assigned as first assets.
- Video poster goes below video files.
- Panel background images (PNG/JPEG), if any, go below video poster. Otherwise, html content is displayed.
In order to deliver HTML5 banners fully compliant with the specs, follow the instructions on Producing HTML5 banners in Adform Test and Support Center: http://creative.adform.com/support
|Desktop browser version
|Internet Explorer 9 (and bellow)
|Internet Explorer 10 & 11
|Firefox (newest version)
|Chrome (newest version)
|Safari (newest version)
|Tablet Operating System
|iOS 8.1 (and above)
||Safari & Chrome
|Android 4.0 (and above)
||Native, Chrome & Firefox