Table of Contents
This is a highly customizable and very easy to use IAB Sidekick (Two Files) template.
A user opens the webpage and sees the collapsed initial banner in the placement. On click, the Sidekick loads in the right gutter of the page and the webpage content is pushed horizontally to the left.
Once expanded (with initial stage still visible), the banner can offer additional video or other rich media experience. The expanded banner accommodates a link the predefined landing page. The ad maintains this size until the Close button is clicked. The ad collapses to the initial dimensions and the page content is pushed back. The ad expands as many times as the user clicks the banner/hotspot.
The following items are to be delivered by a creative agency:
- In case the browser is very old and does not support HTML5, the backup panel image will be shown and clickTAGBackup will be used for landing page.
- Video player needs a MP4/WEBM format videos (it is recommended to have more than one video file type).
- A poster for the video, if there will be a video wall (the wall will be black before playing the video if no poster will be provided).
- Banner assets containing manifest.json file and HTML file zipped together with images, scripts and other material.
- manifest.json file and HTML file should be in the root directory of the .zip file.
- In order to use Adform components for HTML, it is necessary to define global preloadQueue array, where you push all the wanted components to preload before script execution and to load Adform.DHTML.js
INFO: Please refer to the Video Player component for more detailed information on component setup and behavior.
- Manifest.json file should define the ad dimensions and the HTML file which is used as a banner source.
- HTML file should include Adform HTML library which enables the banner to receive a clickTAG variable:
- Click to sidekick/expand, click to collapse.
- Close-button location: top/left-right.
- Clicking on the expanded part navigates to a landing page URL in a new window.
- Expand direction: right.
- Available on user initiation only (click). Off by default.
- Audio mute button required.
- Video duration: 30 seconds max. Replay allowed with user initiation.
- Stop and Play button controls required.
Compatible components/features for IAB Sidekick
||Template in STUDIO
||Contact RM Support
||Any HTML content animation
- In the Initial Settings step, name your banner, select Category as “IAB Branding” and Format as “IAB Sidekick (Two Files)”. Select a Banner Batch from the drop-down menu.
- When it's done, click the Next button.
- In the next step, you are asked to select or upload assets. If you have previously uploaded the assets to the system, click the Select button and choose Banner source, i.e. select HTML File named HTML_Sidekick. Make sure that the clickTAG is present.
NOTE: Additional assets should be assigned by default order:
Click the Next button.
Adjust the Settings:
When done, click the Save button in order to see the preview. If everything is fine, click the Submit button.
- Video files ( MP4/WEBM formats) should be assigned as first assets;
- Video poster goes below video files.
In order to deliver HTML5 banners fully compliant with the specs, follow the instructions on Producing HTML5 banners in Adform Test and Support Center: http://support.adform.com/documentation/build-html5-banners/
The format requires an additional script to be loaded before the tag
Custom Script URL:
|Desktop browser version
|Internet Explorer 9, 10 & 11
|Firefox (newest version)
|Chrome (newest version)
|Safari (newest version)