Table of Contents
This is a highly customizable and very easy to use IAB Slider Ad template.
A user opens the webpage and sees the floating browser-width Slider Bar anchored at the bottom of the browser window. The Slider Bar accommodates call to action button for the Slider Content as a user initiated feature. On click, the Slider Content appears on the center of the page, scrolling the webpage content to the top.
Once expanded, the banner can offer additional video or other rich media experience. The expanded banner accommodates a link to the predefined landing page. The ad maintains this size until the Close button is clicked. The ad collapses to the initial dimensions and the page content is pushed back. The ad expands as many times as the user clicks the banner/hotspot.
The following items are to be delivered by a creative agency:
- In case that browser is very old and doesn't support HTML5 the backup image (PNG/JPEG) is required (set in additional assets).
- Video player needs a 636x264 MP4/WEBM format video (it is recommended to have more than one video file type).
- A 640x360 poster for the video, if there will be a video wall (the wall will be black before playing the video if no poster will be provided).
- Banner assets containing manifest.json file and HTML file zipped together with images, scripts and other material.
NOTE: manifest.json file and HTML file should be in the root directory of the .zip file.
Customizing the banner
The file “index.html” can be adjusted to customize the banner components.
NOTE: In order to use Adform components for HTML, it is necessary to define global preloadQueue array, where you push all the wanted components to preload before script execution and to load Adform.DHTML.js
These are the values that can be changed:
- "clicktag" - banner's / video player's landing page landing page;
- "target"- banner's landing page target;
- "video" - setting different video parameters;
- "sources" - video files;
- "poster" - video poster. By default, it uses second additional asset assigned through Additional assets panel.
INFO: Please refer to the Video Player component for more detailed information on component setup and behavior.
- Manifest.json file should define the ad dimensions and the HTML file which is used as a banner source.
- HTML file should include Adform HTML library which enables the banner to receive a clickTAG variable:
- Close button is required on expanded Slider Content.
- Call to action button is required on collapsed Slider Content
- Clicking on the expanded part navigates to a landing page URL in a new window.
- Available on user initiation only (click). Off by default.
- Audio mute button or volume control required.
- May be user or host initiated.
- Video duration: 30 seconds max. Replay allowed with user initiation.
- Stop, Play and Full-screen buttons are required.
Compatible components/features for Slider
||Template in STUDIO
||Any HTML content animation
- In the Initial Settings step, name your banner, select Category as “IAB Branding” and Format as “IAB Slider”. Select a Banner Batch from the drop-down menu.
- When it's done, click the Next button.
- In the next step, you are asked to select or upload assets. If you have previously uploaded the assets to the system, click the Select button and choose Banner source, i.e. select HTML File named HTML_IAB_Slider. Make sure that the clickTAG is present.
NOTE: Additional assets should be assigned by default order:
Click the Next button and adjust the Settings:
When done, click the Save button in order to see the preview. If everything is fine, click the Submit button.
- Video files ( MP4/WEBM/OGV formats) should be assigned below poster assets;
- Video poster goes as a first additional asset.
In order to deliver HTML5 banners fully compliant with the specs, follow the instructions on Producing HTML5 banners in Adform Test and Support Center: http://creative.adform.com/support
Custom Script URL: http://test.adform.com/banners/certifications/extensions/be/IP%20Adex/sliderFix.js;
|Desktop browser version
|Internet Explorer 8 (and bellow)
||not supported (backup image)
|Internet Explorer 9
|Internet Explorer 10 & 11
|Firefox (newest version)
|Chrome (newest version)
|Safari (newest version)