Roll for Video
Table of Contents
This is a very easy to use Roll For Video template.
A user opens a webpage and sees the initial banner in the placement. On roll over or click (it is optional), countdown is initiated in order to start the video. Alternatively, user can initiate the video immediately by clicking on it. Second click opens a landing page in a new window.
The following items are to be delivered by a creative agency:
- In case that browser is very old and doesn't support HTML5 the backup image (PNG/JPEG) is required.
- Video player needs a MP4/WEBM format videos.
- (Optional) A poster for the video, if there will be a video wall (the wall will be black before playing the video if no poster will be provided).
- Banner assets containing manifest.json file and HTML file zipped together with images, scripts and other material.
NOTE: manifest.json file and HTML file should be in the root directory of the .zip file.
Customizing the banner
NOTE: In order to use Adform components for HTML, it is necessary to define global preloadQueue array, where you push all the wanted components to preload before script execution and to load Adform.DHTML.js
These are the values that can be changed:
You are able to change dimensions of the banner.
"clicktag" - banner's / video player's landing page;
"target"- banner's landing page target;
"video" - setting different video parameters;
"sources" - video files;
"poster" - video poster. By default, it uses second additional asset assigned through Additional assets panel.
INFO: Please refer to the Video Player component for more detailed information on component setup and behavior.
- Manifest.json file should define the ad dimensions and the HTML file which is used as a banner source.
- HTML file should include Adform HTML library which enables the banner to receive a clickTAG variable:
- Landing page opens in a new window.
- Available on user initiation only (roll over or click). Off by default.
- Audio mute/Volume control button is required.
- Max. video duration: 30 sec.
- Stop/Pause and Play button controls required.
- In the Initial Settingsstep, name your banner, select Category as “Dislpay” and Format as “Roll for Video”. Select a Banner Batch from the drop-down menu.
- When it's done, click the Next button.
- In the next step, you are asked to select or upload assets. If you have previously uploaded the assets to the system, click the Select button and choose Banner source, i.e. select HTML File named HTML_Roll_for_Video. Make sure that the clickTAG is present.
NOTE: Additional assets should be assigned by default order:
Click the Next button.
Adjust the Settings:
When done, click the Save button in order to see the preview. If everything is fine, click the Submit button.
- Video files (MP4/WEBM formats) go as first additional assets;
- Video poster should be assigned below video files.
In order to deliver HTML5 banners fully compliant with the specs, follow the instructions on Producing HTML5 banners in Adform Test and Support Center: http://creative.adform.com/support
|Desktop Browser Version
|Internet Explorer 8 (and bellow)
|Internet Explorer 9
|Internet Explorer 10 & 11
|Firefox (newest version)
|Chrome (newest version)
|Safari (newest version)