Table of Contents
This is a highly customisable and very easy to use InView template.
On the initial visit, the webpage is displayed. On scroll down, the ad stage breaks the webpage's content and appears of size responsive to the width of the screen. The ad can offer additional video or other rich media experience. The banner accommodates a link to the predefined landing page.
The following items are to be delivered by a creative agency:
- An asset for InView banner, that could be an image or HTML5 file.
- (Optional) Video player needs a MP4 and WEBM format videos.
- (Optional) A poster for the video, if there will be a video wall (the wall will be black before playing the video if no poster will be provided).
- In case the browser is very old and doesn't support HTML5, the backup image (PNG/JPEG) is required (set in additional assets).
- Banner assets containing manifest.json file and HTML file zipped together with images, scripts and other material.
NOTE: manifest.json file and HTML file should be in the root directory of the .zip file.
Customizing the banner
The file “index.html” can be adjusted to customize the banner components.
NOTE: In order to use Adform components for HTML, it is necessary to define global preloadQueue array, where you push all the wanted components to preload before script execution and to load Adform.DHTML.js
These are the values that can be changed:
"clicktag" - banner's / video player's landing page landing page;
"target"- banner's landing page target;
"video" - setting different video parameters;
"sources" - video files;
"poster" - video poster. By default, it uses second additional asset assigned through Additional assets panel.
INFO: Please refer to the Video Player component for more detailed information on component setup and behavior.
- Manifest.json file should define the ad dimensions and the HTML file which is used as a banner source.
- HTML file should include Adform HTML library which enables the banner to receive a clickTAG variable:
- Available on user initiation only (click). Off by default.
- Maximum volume level must be reasonable and user friendly.
- “Volume Control” or "Mute" buttons are required.
- Autoplay is set by default.
- Video duration: 30 seconds max. Replay allowed with user initiation.
- "Play" and "Pause" buttons are required.
- In the Initial Settings step, name your banner, select Category as “Display” and Format as “InView”. Select a Banner Batch from the drop-down menu.
- When it's done, click the Next button.
- In the next step, you are asked to select or upload assets. If you have previously uploaded the assets to the system, click the Select button and choose Banner source, i.e. select HTML File named HTML_InView. Make sure that the clickTAG is present.
NOTE: Additional assets should be assigned by default order:
Click the Next button.
Adjust the Settings:
When done, click the Save button in order to see the preview. If everything is fine, click the Submit button.
- Video files ( MP4/WEBM formats) should be assigned as first assets;
- Video poster goes below video files.
In order to deliver HTML5 banners fully compliant with the specs, follow the instructions on Producing HTML5 banners in Adform Test and Support Center: http://support.adform.com/documentation/
|Desktop browser version
|Internet Explorer 8 (and bellow)
|Internet Explorer 9, 10 & 11
|Firefox (newest version)
|Chrome (newest version)
|Safari (newest version)