Table of Contents
This is a highly customizable and very easy to use IAB Billboard template.
The format consists of a 970x250 stage and a collapsed 970x31 stage with “Show Ad” button. On “Show Ad” button click, the ad expands to 970x250 stage and pushes the webpage’s content down. On “Close” button click, the ad collapses to the initial stage. The ad can be called back anytime by clicking the “Show Ad” button. By clicking on the expanded banner user navigates to a predefined landing page.
The following items are to be delivered by a creative agency:
- Video player needs a poster and MP4/WEBM/OGV format video (it is recommended to have more than one video file type).
- A poster for the video, if there will be a video wall (the wall will be black before playing the video if no poster will be provided).
- In case the browser is very old and doesn't support HTML5 the backup image (PNG/JPEG) is required.
- Banner assets containing manifest.json file and HTML file zipped together with images, scripts and other material.
- manifest.json file and HTML file should be in the root directory of the .zip file.
- In order to use Adform components for HTML, it is necessary to define global preloadQueue array, where you push all the wanted components to preload before script execution and to load Adform.DHTML.js
INFO: Please refer to the Video Player component for more detailed information on component setup and behavior.
- Manifest.json file should define the ad dimensions and the HTML file which is used as a banner source.
- HTML file should include Adform HTML library which enables the banner to receive a clickTAG variable:
- Available on user initiation only (click). Off by default.
- Maximum volume level must be reasonable and user friendly.
- “Volume Control” or "Mute" buttons are required.
- Video duration: 30 seconds max. Replay allowed with user initiation.
- “Close”, "Play" and "Pause" buttons is required.
Compatible components/features for Expandable Ad(Single File)
- In the Initial Settings step, name your banner, select Category as “IAB Branding” and Format as “IAB Billboard”. Select a Banner Batch from the drop-down menu.
- When it's done, click the Next button.
- In the next step, you are asked to select or upload assets. If you have previously uploaded the assets to the system, click the Select button and choose Banner source, i.e. select HTML File named HTML_IAB_Billboard. Make sure that the clickTAG is present.
NOTE: Additional assets should be assigned by default order:
Click the Next button.
Adjust the General Settings:
When done, click the Save button in order to see the preview. If everything is fine, click the Submit button.
- Video files (MP4/WEBM format) should be assigned below the screenshot and poster assets;
- Video poster goes below video files.
The persistent collapse functionality ( If a user closes the BB and then refreshes the page, the BB will remain in collapsed state) will now be a requirement for tag acceptance as of November 15, 2017
In order to deliver HTML5 banners fully compliant with the specs, follow the instructions on Producing HTML5 banners in Adform Test and Support Center: http://creative.adform.com/support
|Desktop browser version
|Internet Explorer 9 (and bellow)
|Internet Explorer 10 & 11
|Firefox (newest version)
|Chrome (newest version)
|Safari (newest version)
|Tablet Operating System
|iOS 8.1 (and above)
||Safari & Chrome
|Android 4.0 (and above)
||Native, Chrome & Firefox