Dynamic Skin Pushdown
Table of Contents
This is a highly customizable and very easy to use animated Dynamic Skin Pushdown template for Desktop non responsive sites.
A user opens the webpage and sees a 994x250 stage displaying 3 possible selection options. On click on particular icon, the banner expands to 994x650 and pushes web page’s content down. Once expanded it reveals a video and changes the wallpaper image according to the chosen icon. The expanded banner can offer additional video and other rich media experience. The expanded ad accommodates a link to the predefined landing page.
The following items are to be delivered by a creative agency:
- You need a separate wallpaper PNG/JPEG image file per button. By default we have 3 buttons, so 3 separate wallpaper image files are needed.
- Video player needs 2 video files (MP4 and WEBM formats) for each separate button. By default we have 3 buttons, so in total you will need 6 video files (2 MP4/WEBM format files per each button).
- In case the browser is very old and doesn't support HTML5, the backup image (PNG/JPEG) is required (set in additional assets).
- Banner assets containing manifest.json file and HTML file zipped together with images, scripts and other material.
NOTE: In order to use Adform components for HTML, it is necessary to define global preloadQueue array, where you push all the wanted components to preload before script execution and to load Adform.DHTML.js
INFO: Please refer to the Video Player component for more detailed information on component setup and behavior.
- Manifest.json file and HTML file should be in the root directory of the .zip file.
- Manifest.json file should define the ad dimensions and the HTML file which is used as a banner source.
- HTML file should include Adform HTML library which enables the banner to receive a clickTAG variable:
- Starts automatically after clicking on each separate button.
- Audio mute button control required.
- Max duration 30 sec.
- Expand direction: push-down.
- Landing page URL opens in a new window.
- Pause, Play, Next and Full-screen button controls required.
- Max. video duration: 30 sec.
- In the Initial Settings step, name your banner, select Category as “IAB Branding” and Format as “IAB Pushdown”. Select a Banner Batch from the drop-down menu.
- When it's done, click the Next button.
- In the next step, you are asked to select or upload assets. If you have previously uploaded the assets to the system, click the Select button and choose Banner source, i.e. select HTML File named HTML_Dynamic_Skin_Pushdown. Make sure that the clickTAG is present. Then choose Expanded source as well.
NOTE: Additional assets should be assigned by default order:
Click the Next button.
Adjust the General Settings:
- Video files (MP4/WEBM format) should be assigned as first additional assets;
- Wallpapers are assigned below video files;
- Set the Show on... as “Click”.
- Untick the Close on rollout checkbox.
- Set the Auto show after (s) to “0”.
- Set the Auto show after (s) to “0”.
- Set the Auto show frequency capping to “0”.
- Untick the Keep collapsed source visible checkbox.
- Set the Expand delay to “0”.
- Set the Collapse time to “0”.
- Set the Expand time to “0”.
Adjust the Video Settings:
When done, click the Save button in order to see the preview. If everything is fine, click the Submit button.
- Untick the Video file auto play checkbox;
- Tick the Loop checkbox;
- Untick the Sound on checkbox;
In order to deliver HTML5 banners fully compliant with the specs, follow the instructions on Producing HTML5 banners in Adform Test and Support Center: http://creative.adform.com/support
Custom Script URL: http://test.adform.com/banners/certifications/extensions/be/IP%20Adex/pushdownFix.js;
|Desktop Browser version
|Internet Explorer 8 (and bellow)
|Internet Explorer 9
|Internet Explorer 10 & 11
|Firefox (newest version)
|Chrome (newest version)
|Safari (newest version)