Table of Contents
This is a highly customizable and very easy to use animated Side Bar template for Desktop non responsive sites.
User opens a webpage and on the right screen side sees a responsive ad banner. When the user scales the website in or out, the ad responsively covers the predefined area. The ad can offer additional video or other rich media experience. It accommodates a link to the predefined landing page.
The following items are to be delivered by a creative agency:
- Video player needs a MP4/WEBM format videos.
- A poster for the video, if there will be a video wall (the wall will be black before playing the video if no poster will be provided.
- In case that browser is very old and doesn't support HTML5 the backup image (PNG/JPEG) is required (set in additional assets).
- Banner assets containing manifest.json file and HTML file zipped together with images, scripts and other material.
NOTE: manifest.json file and HTML file should be in the root directory of the .zip file.
Customizing the banner
The file “index.html” can be adjusted to customize the banner components.
NOTE: In order to use Adform components for HTML, it is necessary to define global preloadQueue array, where you push all the wanted components to preload before script execution and to load Adform.DHTML.js
INFO: Please refer to the Video Player component for more detailed information on component setup and behavior.
- Manifest.json file should define the ad dimensions and the HTML file which is used as a banner source.
- HTML file should include Adform HTML library which enables the banner to receive a clickTAG variable:
- Clicking on the Ad User navigates to a landing page URL in a new window.
- Available on user initiation only (click). Off by default.
- Audio mute button or volume control required.
- May be user or host initiated.
- Video duration: 30 seconds max. Replay allowed with user initiation.
- Stop, Play buttons is required.
- In the Initial Settings step, name your banner, select Category as “Adhesion” and Format as “Side Bar”. Select a Banner Batch from the drop-down menu.
- When it's done, click the Next button.
- In the next step, you are asked to select or upload assets. If you have previously uploaded the assets to the system, click the Select button and choose Banner source, i.e. select HTML File named HTML_Side_bar. Make sure that the clickTAG is present.
NOTE: Additional assets should be assigned by default order:
Click the Next button.
Adjust the Settings:
When done, click the Save button in order to see the preview. If everything is fine, click the Submit button.
- Video files (MP4/WEBM formats) go as first additional assets;
- Video poster should be assigned below video files.
In order to deliver HTML5 banners fully compliant with the specs, follow the instructions on Producing HTML5 banners in Adform Test and Support Center: http://test.adform.com/testpage/banner-specifications/
|Desktop browser version
|Internet Explorer 10 & 11
|Firefox (newest version)
|Chrome (newest version)
|Safari (newest version)