MSN Custom Header Ad
Table of Contents
This is a highly customizable and very easy to use Expandable Single File template.
User opens the webpage and sees one of the expanded sizes: 1272x378, 970x250, 628x162(depends on screen size) banner in the placement. The ad maintains this size until “Close” button click. The ad expands as many times as the user clicks on the banner.
The following items are to be delivered by a creative agency:
- In case the browser is very old and doesn't support HTML5, the backup image (PNG/JPEG) is required.
- Banner assets containing manifest.json file and HTML file zipped together with images, scripts and other material.
-Back up image 768x250px should be also provided.
- manifest.json file and HTML file should be in the root directory of the .zip file.
- In order to use Adform components for HTML, it is necessary to define global preloadQueue array, where you push all the wanted components to preload before script execution and to load Adform.DHTML.js
- Manifest.json file should define the ad dimensions and the HTML file which is used as a banner source.
- HTML file should include Adform HTML library which enables the banner to receive a clickTAG variable:
- In the Initial Settings step, name your banner, select Category as “Expandable” and Format as “MSN Custom Header Ad”. Select a Banner Batch from the drop-down menu.
- When it's done, click the Next button.
- In the next step, you are asked to select or upload assets. If you have previously uploaded the assets to the system, click the Select button and choose Banner source, i.e. select HTML File named HTML_Expandable. Make sure that the clickTAG is present.
- Click the Next button and adjust the Settings:
Custom variables should be set according the image above.
- When done, click the Save button in order to see the preview. If everything is fine, click the Submit button.
button. Paste in the following script URLs and tick the “Load before banner” check-box.
CUSTOM SCRIPT URLS:
In order to deliver HTML5 banners fully compliant with the specs, follow the instructions on Build HTML5 banners in Adform Test and Support Center: http://creative.adform.com/support/