Table of Contents
This is a highly customizable and very easy to use AdTV Expandable template.
On roll over video banner expands the video clip to any size. And, of course, the video is played without interruption while being expanded. Through the option to play with the size, the user can interact with the format while watching the video, which means potentially high interaction and engagement rates.
The following items are to be delivered by a creative agency:
- Video player needs a MP4/WEBM/OGV format video (it is recommended to have more than one video file type).
- A poster for the video, if there will be a video wall (the wall will be black before playing the video if no poster will be provided).
- In case that browser is very old and doesn't support HTML5 the backup image (PNG/JPEG) is required.
- Banner assets containing manifest.json file and HTML file zipped together with images, scripts and other material.
- manifest.json file and HTML file should be in the root directory of the .zip file.
- In order to use Adform components for HTML, it is necessary to define global preloadQueue array, where you push all the wanted components to preload before script execution and to load Adform.DHTML.js
INFO: Please refer to the <a href=Video">http://support.adform.com/documentation/build-video-ads/in-banner/html5-video-player/">Video Player component for more detailed information on component setup and behavior.
- Manifest.json file should define the ad dimensions and the HTML file which is used as a banner source.
- HTML file should include Adform HTML library which enables the banner to receive a clickTAG variable:
- Available on user initiation only (click). Off by default.
- Maximum volume level must be reasonable and user friendly.
- Video duration: 30 seconds max. Replay allowed with user initiation.
- “Close”, "stop" buttons ere required.
Compatible components/features for AdTv
||Template in STUDIO
||Any HTML content animation
- First, in the *Initial Settings* step, name your banner "AdTV Expandable", select Category as “Expandable (Single file) ” and Format as “HTML5_AdTV_Expandable”. Select a Banner Batch from the drop-down menu.
- When it's done, click the Next button.
- In the next step, you are asked to select or upload assets. If you have previously uploaded the assets to the system, click the Select button and choose Banner source, i.e. select HTML File named HTML_AdTV_Expandable. Make sure that the clickTAG is present.
NOTE: Additional assets should be assigned by default order:
Click the Next button.
Adjust the Generall Settings:
When done, click the Save button in order to see the preview. If everything is fine, click the Submit button.
- Video poster goes as third additional asset;
- Video files (MP4/WEBM format) should be assigned below the screenshot and poster assets.
- Backup image should be assigned as Backup Image via Banner Settings panel.
In order to deliver HTML5 banners fully compliant with the specs, follow the instructions on Producing HTML5 banners in Adform Test and Support Center: http://creative.adform.com/support
|Desktop browser version
|Internet Explorer 8 (and bellow)
||not supported (backup image)
|Internet Explorer 9
|Internet Explorer 10 & 11
|Firefox (newest version)
|Chrome (newest version)
|Safari (newest version)
|Tablet Operating System
|iOS 8.1 (and above)
||Safari & Chrome
|Android 4.0 (and above)
||Native, Chrome & Firefox